The fourth edition of the IFT-Perimeter-SAIFR Journeys into Theoretical Physics will take place on July 6-12, 2019 (Saturday-Friday) at the IFT-SAIFR in São Paulo.
The school is aimed at outstanding undergraduates in their last year from all countries in Latin America. It is associated with a partnership between ICTP-SAIFR/IFT-UNESP, the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics and the CUNY/Princeton Center for the Physics of Biological Function, and is also related to a joint international masters program between the institutes.
- William Bialek (Princeton Univ.): Precision and emergence in the physics of biological systems
- Cliff Burgess (Perimeter Institute): What is the Universe made of?
- Ricardo Martinez-García (Princeton Univ./ICTP-SAIFR): Nonlinear phenomena in biology
- Thiago Tomei (NCC-UNESP/IFT-UNESP): Aspects of Experimental High-Energy Physics
- Pedro Vieira (Perimeter/ICTP-SAIFR/IFT-UNESP): Matrix Models
2019 Fellowship Winners
Benjamin Garcia de Figueiredo (IF-USP, São Carlos)
Leonardo Almeida Lessa (IF-USP, São Paulo)
Siddhartha Emmanuel Morales Gúzman (UNAM, Cidade de México)
Marina Maciel Ansanelli (IF-USP, São Paulo)
SAIFR Young Physicist Awards:
Marcelo Augusto Ferreira dos Santos (IF-USP, São Paulo)
Gabriel Golfetti (IF-USP, São Paulo)
Online application is now closed
- School Program
- List of Participants
- Additional Information
- About Journeys
- Videos & Files
- Satisfaction survey