The first edition of the IFT-Perimeter-SAIFR Journeys into Theoretical Physics took place on July 18-23, 2016 at the IFT-SAIFR in Sao Paulo.
– Freddy Cachazo (Perimeter) – Unification of Quantum Mechanics and Special Relativity
– George Matsas (IFT) – Conceptual Introduction to Relativity: from special relativity to black holes
– Juan Pablo Paz (U. Buenos Aires) – Quantum Open Systems: Applications to quantum foundations and quantum information
– Eduardo Ponton (IFT) – The World of Elementary Particles Demystified
– Pedro Vieira (Perimeter and IFT) – Integrability
Click on the name of the Lecturers on the table below to watch the videos.
The school was aimed at exceptional undergraduates in their last year from all countries in Latin America.
Students from the 2016 school accepted for the joint masters program include:
Francisco Vladimir Calvera Cigueñas (PUC, Lima, Peru)
Carlos Gustavo Rodriguez Fernandez (U. San Francisco, Quito, Ecuador)
Alexandre Homrich (USP, São Paulo, Brazil)
Michael David Morales Curi (UNI, Lima, Peru)
Jairo Martín Rojas Huamaní (PUC, Lima, Peru)