The third edition of the IFT-Perimeter-SAIFR Journeys into Theoretical Physics will take place on July 16-21, 2018 at the IFT-SAIFR in Sao Paulo. Online application will be available within a few weeks.
- Kevin Costello (Perimeter) – An introduction to topology for physicists
- Gastão Krein (IFT-UNESP) – Effective quantum field theory
- Aline Ramires (ETH Zurich/ICTP-SAIFR/IFT-UNESP/MPI-PKS) – Aspects of Superconductivity
- David Schwab (CUNY/Princeton) – Current theoretical problems in biophysics
- Kendrick Smith (Perimeter) – Physics of the Early Universe
The school is aimed at exceptional undergraduates in their last year from all countries in Latin America. It is associated with a partnership between ICTP-SAIFR/IFT-UNESP and Perimeter Institute and is also related to a new joint international masters program between the two institutes.